Situated in Achterbergh Oases Chancliff
MINKATEKO: MEANS BLESSING.
PRONOUNCED: Min- ka – te – ko
Choice to follow CAPS or CAMBRIDGE in Grade 9
Opening January 2020
- Christian School, Spirit Filled – (No compromise Godly principles)
- Cambridge Curriculum, Montessori techniques
- Personalized education for children’s individual needs
- Education with a difference.
- Small class rooms. (not more than 15)
- Balanced daily lunch available at an additional cost
- African drums.
- Art therapy classes.
- Hiking, Kloofing, Mountain Climbing.
- Camps and excursions
- Educators with more than 15 years’ experience. Afrikaans and English
- Grade RR – 10: 2020
- Grade RR – 11: 2021
- Grade RR – 12: 2022
No school uniform
School shirt and fleecy to be worn with a denim on Fridays and excursions
Take away the classroom walls sometimes!
To come in future
- Zulu or French instead of Afrikaans or English as a second language.
- Coding and robotics
Minkateko school: 072 761 2289
School Terms – 3 Terms
Test : Term 1
Exam: Term 2 and 3
School dates 2020
Term 1: 15 January – 17 April
Midterm break 20 – 30 March
Term 2: 12 May – 13 August
Midterm break 3 July – 13 July
Term 3: 15 Sept – 10 Dec
Midterm break 29 Oct – 3 Nov
Vision and Mission
We are an independent school with a flexible curriculum.
- Christian school: We are a Christian school with a no compromise policy. Teachers and learners can live out their Godly principles and faith in a safe environment.
- Every child has a calling from God and we help them discover their abilities, talents and gifts. We help children grow into successful adults to give South-Africa and our world new hope.
- International Education: Cambridge Curriculum, Montessori techniques, CAPS for Afrikaans. We follow an international curriculum so learners may advance their studies abroad.
- 21 St Century approach to education
We believe in communicating with universities / colleges to prepare learners for their careers. Specific career guidance. We believe that learners must acquire skills they will need in their studies and career / business.
Merely preparing learners to pass a test is not enough.
Assessment and teaching in the classroom must occur on the same level. Learners are prepared to apply their skills with confidence. At Minkateko school our focus is learner centered individual education. Each child learns differently and this need has to be met in the classroom. We believe in working together with our parents and always carry our student’s best interests at heart!
Security guard at gate all day long.
No one is allowed to enter Achterbergh’s premises if their name is not on the list. Achterbergh’s owners and staff live on the premises and also carry our learners best interests and safety at heart,
Achterbergh’s staff provide the facilities, catering and security. Learners will be under supervision all of the time.
Separate areas for breaks for foundation and senior learners.